Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Council meets at Port Melbourne tomorrow, Monday 12 April, at 6 pm in the Council chamber. The meeting will be held in Port Melbourne, rather than South Melbourne, following damage to the South Melbourne rooms in the hailstorm a few weeks ago.

Port Melbourne focused items are:


  • to receive a petition regarding the proposed removal of Hills Fig Street Trees in Clifford Street, Port Melbourne

  • North Port Oval Redevelopment: Council will be asked to approve the final detailed design drawings for the new pavilion at the North Port Oval, and to authorise the commencement of statutory procedures for notifying of its intention to enter a lease with the Port Melbourne Football Club for the new pavilion.

Of more general interest is noting the range of submissions on the Footpath Trading Review

Council meetings are fully open to the public.


Full agenda papers are available at http://www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/3577.htm



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet, I don't even live in Port Melbourne, but I'm still impressed by what you're doing with your blog.

'Council meeting' could be one of the driest expressions in English. But you're updating it and making it relevant and accessible to your constituents.

I hope our council follows your fine example. Best regards, P. :)

Port Places said...

Thanks Paul - but I've got the idea that you do live in Port Phillip?
Its been a busy week and I have actually missed this blog!

Anonymous said...

No, I'm several kilometres due north of you. But that doesn't stop me appreciating what you do in this blog. I reckon it's great, even though it doesn't impact me as a resident. It's good to see you back. P. :)